To access your Bookshelf, select "Bookshelf" from the top right menu in Ebook Central:
The default view shows the items saved to the Bookshelf, organized into folders:
Use the left menu to select and view:
Use radio buttons to make selections of ebooks on your Bookshelf to either copy to another folder or remove from your Bookshelf:
Select the arrow "Copy Selected Books" icon to copy an ebook and add it to another folder in your Bookshelf.
Select the X'd out book "Remove Selected Books" icon to remove an ebook from your Bookshelf.
Use the link menu in the upper right to manage the folders in your Bookshelf:
1. Select the chain link "Share Link to Folder" icon to bring up a stable URL to the folder currently being viewed in the Bookshelf. Copy and paste for later use.
2. Select the cursor arrow "Email Folder" icon to email yourself or someone else links to the ebooks (with citation information) in the folder currently being viewed in the Bookshelf.
3. Select the left arrow "Export Folder" icon to generate a CSV file with the bibliographic information for the ebooks in the folder currently being viewed.
4. Select the quotation mark "Cite Folder" icon to generate a file with citation information for all ebooks in the folder currently being viewed. Use the drop-down menus to indicate the preferred citation style and file format.
A menu of icons appears next to each ebook on the Bookshelf. Select the ellipses (...) to expand the menu.
1. Select the open book "Read Online" icon to immediately open the ebook in the Ebook Central online reader interface.
2. Select the bullet list "Table of Contents and more" icon to immediately open the ebook's record with availability options.
3. Select the quotation mark "Get Citation" icon to generate a citation for the ebook in any of the major citation formats. There is also an option to export to a citation manager.
4. Select the right arrow "Export Notes" icon from the drop-down to generate a TXT file of all notes you've made in an ebook.
5. Select the chain link "Share Link to Book" icon to bring up a stable URL to the ebook.
6. Select the arrow "Copy to..." icon to copy an ebook and add it to another folder in your Bookshelf.
7. Select the X'd out book "Remove Selected Books" icon to remove an ebook from your Bookshelf.
To adjust accessibility settings, select "Profile" from the Settings drop-down in the top menu bar:
Scroll to the bottom of your profile and use the radio buttons to turn Accessibility Mode on or off. In Accessibility Mode pages of books are presented in text, and images and links are labeled for screen reader use. There is also the option to select the checkbox for OpenDyslexic font to be used in Ebook Central.
Some features of the online reader are removed when Accessibility Mode is turned on. The top menu in the online reader has the following options with Accessibility Mode on:
1. Select the downward arrow "Full Download" icon to download the entire ebook. Depending on the license for the ebook, the full download will either be a regular PDF or will be electronically "borrowed" for 21 days before the file is recalled.
2. Select the PDF "Chapter Download" icon to download the chapter currently being viewed. The download will begin at the page being displayed through the end of the chapter, so navigate to the beginning of that chapter if you'd like to download it in its entirety. See the Download Chapter section of this guide for details on per patron per day limits on downloading and printing.
3. Select the printer "Print to PDF" icon to save a selection as a PDF. A prompt will appear with options to print to PDF the current page, a range of pages, or the current chapter. Your current printing and download maximum will be listed - see the Print to PDF section of these guide for details.
4. Select the plus sign "Add to Bookshelf" icon to add the ebook to your personal digital bookshelf - similar to a "My Favorites." See the Managing Your Bookshelf section of this guide for more details.
5. Select the chain link "Share Link" icon to bring up a stable URL to the page of the ebook displayed to share with others or save for yourself.
6. Select the quotation mark "Get Citation" icon to generate a citation for the ebook in any of the major citation formats. There is also an option to export to a citation manager.
Meadville Lombard Wiggin Library
180 N. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
Library and Archives Phone: 312-546-6488 Library Email: email@example.com Archives Email: firstname.lastname@example.org